Wednesday 14 January 2009

It is without a doubt...

That THIS is what I want to do.

I love the course! I'm just so relieved/happy/glad that I've found what I want to do! The only thing I'm worried about is that I'm not clever enough to do it, or I'd make a crap nurse, but I'm going to try my best, that I do know!

OK so I'll do a quick sum up of things :o)

Day 1:

Manage to get on the metro in time to change trains then get there on time. I have no sense of direction so the fact that I did the 10 minute walk in the right direction impressed me, as I managed to find the right campus and the right building all on time!

Once I was there, I was given a name badge, info pack and a file with all my records in. I met the nine people in my group and they're all lovely! There is about 18 mental health students, 20 ish adult students and just us 9 doing childrens nursing. I like that, because we can really get to know eachother, so it's good! At Uni for my undergrad there were 150+ on my course so it was almost impossible to know everybody's names let alone get to know them! This class seems a lot more personal and it's nice and friendly.

Then we had a few people talk to us, all of them thoroughly lovely and made me feel really welcome! It's just a really friendly campus and Uni, and I can tell it's a great place to learn. There is all sorts of support if needed and it just feels so right.

Anyway, then we met out guidance tutors, mine is fab! My tutor group is just the nine of us doing childrens nursing. We had one of those ice breaker things when everyone says a bit about themselves. Then it was a campus tour, then home time! First day over!

Day 2:

I was kind of dreading this one - UNIFORM FITTING! Scary stuff when you're the size of a hippo. Anyway, I didn't sleep much the night before as I was so worried! That made me almost fall asleep all day but, it actually wasn't as bad as I thought! I was assuming (or had been told) we all stripped off and tried stuff on, but it was nowt like that! We just told the lady our sizes and she gave us uniforms to try on in the toilets! They're small fitting, and, as I'm tall, the trousers are really short and look crap, but I might get away with wearing my own!

After that we had an admin session which basically ensured all our paperwork was correct, then a lecture with other people such as those from the library, occ health, student services etc, just giving us general info; that was the end of day 2!

Day 3:

This was the start of 'real' work, we had a 2 and a half hour lecture/workshop introducing us to our individual courses. We looked at a case study which was really interesting and we have work to do on that. I felt a bit rubbish though as I felt to shy to say anything about it. I feel like everyone else on the course is either way more experienced/clever/know what they're doing, and I'm worried I'll say something really thick. I need to get over this but it's kinda like a fear that I'm going to make an idiot out of myself (easily done!) I don't know, maybe in a few weeks I'll feel more comfortable, we'll see.

Anyway, after an IT lesson, we had a welcome party which was really good! There was a free drink (but I was driving boo hoo!) and a live band and a buffet! Was really good! I'm not in again til Tuesday so I have a really nice long weekend! Mind you I have loads of Occ Health appointments to try and get health clearance! Honestly, I know it needs to be done but it's such a hassle!

Righto that is all for now, I'm really feeling tired! Lack of sleep I think!

Take Care xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment