Thursday 5 July 2012

GOT A JOB!!!

So...after 19 months, 11 interviews, plenty of tears and a whole lot of knocks to my confidents...

I GOT A JOB!!!

I did it!  I can't believe it, and I'm still sure that, knowing me, something is bound to go wrong!  I keep waiting for someone to say they've made a mistake but so far, so good!

I'm so excited!  I found out yesterday and haven't stopped smiling since! :D  I woke up at 4am this morning and couldn't get back to sleep because I was so excited! 

So far, I need to wait on my references and my CRB, which I'm sure will be ok, but til then I haven't told many people, in case something goes wrong.  I went to the pub last night to celebrate, and after having done a night shift the night before (I've been working in a care home) and getting the phone call the morning after, I'd not had anything to eat, was knackered and so after a couple of pints of real ale, I fell, yes, that's right, FELL, out of the pub and was like 'now is NOT the time to break a leg!!!'

Anyway, I am so happy.  I know I said I was giving up but I didn't, I kept applying for jobs, got a few interviews, got nowhere, it didn't seem right writing the same thing in the blog as it would just get repetitive, but I'm updating it now as I have some news!
I actually can't tell you all how over the moon I am.  I keep finding myself smiling and I feel so happy I will burst in to rainbows!  I think even winning the lottery would not feel this good, it makes everything so worth while!

If anyone reads this, and is struggling to find a job, believe me I know how you feel, and I know it won't make much difference but please don't give up, I didn't though I felt like is SO many times, it will be so worth it in the end :D

1 comment: