Tuesday 3 May 2011

Tomorrow

I have an interview tomorrow and I really really want this job. Regarding my last blog and the 3 points I made, in terms of this interview I: 1) I really do want this job, it is in an emergency assessment unit and I struggle to think of a better ward in which I can learn, see, experience as many things as possible, ideal first nursing post. 2) I've done a placement on this ward! It was early on though and I've improved in confidence and knowledge since then, so hopefully they'll take that on board? 3) There is always a chance I am a crap nurse but I'm learning to feel less nervous negative about interviews and just trying my absolute best, there is nothing else I can do, right?

At the moment I've been feeling relatively chilled on the run up to this interview. I'm trying not to think about things as I'll make myself freak out, however I can feel the anxiety slowly creeping in about tomorrow. I wonder whether to go to bed early or will I toss and turn? Or stay up later so I'll be tired enough to sleep but then will I be too tired to interview well? Or what to do? As my interview is late morning, I'm thinking plan on getting 8 hrs sleep but go to bed an hour earlier to allow for the tossing and turning...oh I think far to much about things!

As my preperation I've been re-reading my reflections from when I did my placement there, familiarising myself on all the things I may come across on the ward, remembering all the protocols (though they may have changed by now?), going over possible questions; I've ironed my outfit, polished my shoes, checked and rechecked I have all the forms/certificates/info I need to bring, even made sure I have the right change for the car park and metro. Oh and, when I get rejected I always feel like I just want to curl up in my bed and watch a movie with chocolate and friends, so a friend and I have arranged to go to the cinema and see 'Water for Elephants' so even if I get bad news, I've got a lovely friend and the cinema which will help take my mind off it and cheer me up...if I (dare I say) get good news then we'll turn it into a mini celebration :)

I can safely say I'm fully prepared. Now hopefully a good nights sleep and tomorrow morning being stress free and I'm good to go. Did I mention I was having a hair nightmare...frizz just isn't the word, that's not a good look...

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment