Friday 12 December 2008

Occupation Health Woes

When I was sent my offer, I had a load of forms to fill out, one of which was the Occ Health form. Anyway I sent it of the next day and this morning I got a letter saying I needed to ring them. I was worried, as always haha, I’m convinced something is going to go wrong with this and I will end up not being a nurse! I rang them up and they said that as I didn’t have a record of having a BCG I either had to provide evidence or have a test. After asking my Mam, she said I had the ‘stamp’ thing done when I was little and the reaction meant I didn’t need to BCG. Thing is, I had no actual proof that this happened, and I needed some! So, I rang round everyone (doctors, old school health dept, old doctors, everyone!) Eventually the receptionist at my doctors surgery said she’d get my file and go through it, which she did and was very helpful, however there was no records of this test. Back on the phone to occ.health who told me I needed to come and see them and get a Mantoux test done, which would clear all this up. Appointment is 5th Jan, I start on the 12th! Nothing like cutting it fine, ey?!

No comments:

Post a Comment