Tuesday 10 March 2009

Butterflies...

I start my first placement tomorrow and I am so ridiculously scared. I keep feeling excited one minute then almost sick the next. What if I'm crap? What if I hurt someone? What if I'm not cut out for this? What if I don't understand anything? What if, what it, what if?

I guess I could worry myself sick over it but I'm trying really hard to keep a positive head, hell I've worked really hard to get this and now I have I'm scared of it! Someone slap me!

Anyway, it's a 13 hour shift, and I'm going to to try and get an early night tonight but I probably won't sleep as I'm so scared! I just wish my first week was over and I could be a bit more relaxed!

Sorry this is going to be a short post, I'm off shopping as I still haven't found any shoes that are comfy enough for all those hours I'll spend on my feet! I've been looking for ages but I guess that's what I get for having size 8 feet!

Anyhoo, I just noticed I have some followers, thanks guys! Hope it's not too boring reading this and feel free to leave a comment!

Better go and hit the shops! I'll let everyone know what happens when my first week is over, hopefully I'll not make a complete idiot of myself, but I'm making no promises!

P.S. I finally got my essay title sorted yay!

P.P.S. I got the all clear from MRSA, which is what I needed to work for the trust I'm working for, so I'm glad about that! Not all trusts do MRSA checks (I think they should though!) but as something like 1 in 4 people carry it with no problems, it's good to be checked and been clear!

P.P.P.S. Am thinking about doing a year in Australia once (if!) I qualify, sounds good and think I need to look into it very early on!

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work! - I'm still watching with interest lol
    Glad your first week went without a hitch and you survived! - Australia, how fab, might do that myself lol!

    ReplyDelete